Get in touch 1300 122 355
fast shipping Nationally
shop hours week: 8 - 5pm, sat: 10 - 12pm
shop online save time & money


DoAbility is an Approved Supplier of DVA aids & appliances in Victoria. (Please read below for some information on the DVA).


If you are a Gold or White Card holder (with assessed need due to an accepted disability), you can access aids or appliances to help you maintain independence in your home through the Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP).

Aids or appliances prescribed through the programme can include:

  • continence products
  • mobility and functional support aids
  • Personal Response Systems
  • Home medical oxygen
  • diabetic supplies
  • Continuous Positive Airways Pressure (CPAP) supplies.

Factsheet HSV107 Rehabilitation Appliances Program (PDF 26 KB)

Factsheet HSV107 Rehabilitation Appliances Program.

How to obtain an assessment for RAP aids or appliances

RAP appliances are available on the basis of an assessed clinical need made by an appropriately qualified health provider such as a:

  • general practitioner
  • occupational therapist
  • physiotherapist
  • speech pathologist (speech therapist).

Your Local Medical Officer (GP) can provide the necessary referral to an appropriate allied health professional who can assess your need for RAP aids and appliances. Your GP can also offer advice and make requests in writing to DVA.

Form D0904 DVA Request/Referral (PDF 135 KB)

RAP assistance for veterans in aged care

Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF) may be required to provide you with rehabilitation aids or equipment to meet your needs, depending on the level of care you are receiving, including:

  • bedding/mattresses/suitable and appropriate pressure relieving mattresses
  • equipment to aid mobility e.g. wheelchairs and walking frames
  • seating / arm chairs
  • shower chairs
  • oxygen therapy and equipment.

DVA may supply you with certain items which are required to be customised such as medical grade footwear. These items will need to be prescribed by a suitably qualified health professional.

If you are entering aged or supported care and already have DVA supplied RAP equipment, you may be able to take it with you. However it is important to discuss this with facility management before you enter.

Factsheet HSV05 Residential Aged Care
Factsheet HSV05 Residential Aged Care (PDF 51 KB)